Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
Thanks for the link!

The review is very positive and I like that you can use your current brake levers.
Their Spyre cable dual-piston setup sounds really good also.

I googled 'em and can't find any pricing; too new, no mention on the TRP site either.

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
As a fellow dirt lover, I would never go back to mechanical discs if I had an (affordable!!) option. Now I just need to wait for Tektro to copy this design for my xcross build! LOL!
You are aware that TRP stands for Tektro Racing Products, right? I'm guessing you are in for a wait.

Also, what is xcross? Oh, never mind. I looked it up. Yeah, those will probably do.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You are aware that TRP stands for Tektro Racing Products, right? I'm guessing you are in for a wait.

Also, what is xcross? Oh, never mind. I looked it up. Yeah, those will probably do.
Actually, I didn't know TRP was Tektro. So now I guess I need to wait for TRP to copy the hydraulics-in-the-hoods design (as opposed to using separate cable actuation in a bastardized system that they currently offer.

As for "xcross", ribbing accepted with good grace. I meant cyclo-x. Mea culpa. ;-)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not just go with the new SRAM Red 22 setup with for-real hydraulic brakes all the way from the lever to the caliper, no cables at all!

First Ride Review: SRAM Red 22 Groupset | Cyclingnews.com

SRAM unveils True 22 11-speed drivetrains, hydraulic brakes
Because that would require switching out my entire Campy Record group for SRAM.
I believe it would also require external brake line routing and zip ties when I have clean internal routing now.
It would be very expensive.
I would then have SRAM whhile I far prefer Campy.
The point is, for people like me who already have mechanical discs, this seems like an easy and relatively inexpensive upgrade.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Because that would require switching out my entire Campy Record group for SRAM.
I believe it would also require external brake line routing and zip ties when I have clean internal routing now.
It would be very expensive.
I would then have SRAM whhile I far prefer Campy.
The point is, for people like me who already have mechanical discs, this seems like an easy and relatively inexpensive upgrade.
Well explained. I can't think of a good reason to not go for it, as it is a relatively proven design. We have 3 mountain bikes with Tektro hydraulic brakes, and of those, only one line has required bleeding ever. The feel is 100x better than the Avid BB7 mechanicals I replaced with Tektro hydraulics on my Specialized.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.