Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall, I was in my local Big-P store just chatting and wandering around looking for??? I've gotten to know these guys over the years and all are trusted friends.

While sitting in the back room, I noticed a frame box on the top shelf so I asked what it was... "It's an old steel frame that somehow ended up in the inventory". Curious, I asked to see it... Turns out its vintage 1995, lugged steel frame with semi horizontal drop outs. I also see that the lugs are absolutely beautiful and that it's made from True Temper RC2 tubing. The paint is a bit so-so but the frame was/is beautiful. It turned out that it was a 60cm frame and a perfect candidate for retro... and for the price, $49., I could not leave it.

Does anyone know anything about where the old Big-P frames were manufactured. It's my understanding via googling that at the time True Temper only sold their tubing to US builders. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks for any comment...

EDB

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fbagatelleblack said:
That's what I figured, but I wasn't sure. And the frame is a Performance house brand frame?
Yep... no labels except for the RC2 on the seat tube.

I've tried searching all of their archives and found nothing but it's a really nice frame. I was very surprised when I opened the box at what I found... Their stuff is usually very average but the workmanship on the frame build is top notch.

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
everydaybike said:
Yep... no labels except for the RC2 on the seat tube.

I've tried searching all of their archives and found nothing but it's a really nice frame. I was very surprised when I opened the box at what I found... Their stuff is usually very average but the workmanship on the frame build is top notch.
I asked the gang over at the iBOB list (http://www.bikelist.org/). There are some knowledgeable folks there. I'll let you know if they dig up any info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts