Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing paper towel commercials that show kids making big messes while doing something they're probably not supposed to be doing and, thinking back, I don't remember mom ever once just smiling and cleaning up the mess for me when I did that sort of thing.
 

·
Just Plain Bitter
Joined
·
8,602 Posts
This is so true! The lines were more along what she was going to tan my hide with when she got done cleaning up the mess I just made.
 

·
Proud luddite
Joined
·
7,192 Posts
We were smarter about it, cleaning up the mess that we made so our mom would never know what kind of trouble we had gotten into.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rward325 said:
This is so true! The lines were more along what she was going to tan my hide with when she got done cleaning up the mess I just made.
Mine was more along the lines of she was going to tan my hide when I got done cleaning up the mess I just made.
 

·
Always changing.....
Joined
·
4,523 Posts
rward325 said:
This is so true! The lines were more along what she was going to tan my hide with when she got done cleaning up the mess I just made.
That TV show that used to be called "Fear Factor" had a whole different meaning for us kids growing up didn't it? :eek:
 

·
donuts?
Joined
·
8,945 Posts
i never made messes - i was the youngest of four and saw the action/reaction sequences play out. i wanted zero part of that.
 

·
Resident Dutchbag
Joined
·
11,864 Posts
LWP said:
Mine was more along the lines of she was going to tan my hide when I got done cleaning up the mess I just made.
This, and then some.
 

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
Joined
·
5,351 Posts
rogger said:
This, and then some.
Dutchbags have moms? I thought you sprouted from under rocks... :p
 

·
Resident Dutchbag
Joined
·
11,864 Posts
lemonlime said:
Dutchbags have moms? I thought you sprouted from under rocks... :p
Dutchbag moms have fearsome beaks, it's the first thing we come to know and fear once we are hatched.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,572 Posts
I remember cleaning up blood after those mistakes....
 

·
Seat's not level
Joined
·
19,371 Posts
Mom not only got pizzed at the mess, she would often break her yardstick across our azz an then would get pizzed even more that she broke her last yardstick.

(She used yardsticks for measuring material for sewing - some of the youngins probably don't know what they are...)


It's funny now when my daughter makes a mess. Quite often we will laugh about "not crying over spilt milk" which upsets our daughter greatly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
LWP said:
I keep seeing paper towel commercials that show kids making big messes while doing something they're probably not supposed to be doing and, thinking back, I don't remember mom ever once just smiling and cleaning up the mess for me when I did that sort of thing.
It's actually kind of sad, but it's true that many of our basic skills and habits are things we picked up from television, and of course everything on television is designed to entertain us and separate us from our money. The vast majority of Americans pay no attention to this.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top