Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am new here and after some surfing around for a couple days, have finally joined.
Now I am looking for some help with a question that initially brought me here.

I have this old Bianchi that I bought off a friend who bought it used from a LBS.
My friend took the baby blue frame and painted it a wacky yellow/green fade.

I think the bike is late 70's or early 80's.
The cables run above the bottom bracket in brazed on holders.
It has the brazed on bolts for tube shifters.
The brakes are dia-compe.
Shifters and derailers Shimano 600.
Cranks, seat post and stem all have SR on them. ( I assume campy super record).

Any insite on what year this bike could be and the quality of it would be a big help.
I am looking at putting some more modern components on the bike and wonder if it is worth it........or if I should start with another frame.

Weight isn't really an issue, since I am well past the 200 mark myself.

I can supply photos if required to help identify the bike.

Thanks in advance.
John

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Oh yeah, about the bike. I guess mid -80's. Not that it matters, just ride it.

Guys were winning P-1-2 races on bikes like that back in the day, and the guys winning P-1-2 races on CF wonderbikes today would still be winning on bikes like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She was cute, but a bit old for me.
Ok, I have a few pictures of the bike.
My main question is if the bike is worth updating the components. I would like to get the shifters off the down tube..........which will probably result in new 9-10 or 11 speed drivetrain.
Thanks again.

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
jskiller said:
She was cute, but a bit old for me.
Ok, I have a few pictures of the bike.
My main question is if the bike is worth updating the components. I would like to get the shifters off the down tube..........which will probably result in new 9-10 or 11 speed drivetrain.
Thanks again.

clamp-on shifters? you'll still need cable stops somehow, not sure how that might be accomplished if you remove the shifters.

a new 9-11 spd drivetrain for that? not worth it imo. you might be able to use dt's with paul thumbies or some other rig... def would not spend 150-350 for shifters alone for that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.