Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide is this is an "OLD" or "NEW" Saddle? (Pic Inside)

So I went to my local Bike shop and ordered a Specialized Avatar Saddle for a Spin bike we have at the Fire Station... I wanted the Avatar because that is what I am currently riding on my Scott CR1... So I order it up and am thinking it is going to look identical to the one I am currently using. Instead I get this one... I have searched Google for Avatar Comp Gel and find nothing that looks like this saddle... Looked at the Specialized website and it show nothing either... Is this an old Specialized Avatar seat that is Discontinued or is this a 2011 seat that is not on the web anywhere? Or do my google skillz suck? Figure I like the seat enough to give it a try either way. Just curious... Here are a couple pics of the saddle..

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
My Avitar has a silver tip on the nise

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Contacted Specialize Support and they confirmed with me that this is the 2011 Avatar Saddle.. It is replacing the older models... They also said there is really no information out on it yet and were surprised I actually had it.. So I guess I will give it a try and see how I like it.. The cutout is longer and deeper than my current Avatar it seems.. I will probably put this seat on my Scott and put my older Avatar on the Spin Bike at work so I can check this one out and see how I like it...

·
What the what???
12,784 Posts
Good to know. I have been trying to locate an Avatar and the Specialized site and my local shops have been out of stock for quite a while. Glad to hear there are new ones on the way. Thanks for checking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts