Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike is a Quantum with Shimano 105's. S/N on the rear derailleur is 2Q054.

The bile looks like a mid-90's vintage, just a guess. Would imagine it is a pre-Trek bike.

Can anyone help me decode this? Have looked on the Klein and Trek websites and searched RoadBike Reviews with no luck.

Thanks,

Johnny

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody knows anything about Klein seial numbers?

johnmwmd said:
The bike is a Quantum with Shimano 105's. S/N on the rear derailleur is 2Q054.

The bile looks like a mid-90's vintage, just a guess. Would imagine it is a pre-Trek bike.

Can anyone help me decode this? Have looked on the Klein and Trek websites and searched RoadBike Reviews with no luck.

Thanks,

Johnny
What's with this forum? No Klein riders know anything about pre-Trek serial numbers?

· Registered
12 Posts
johnmwmd said:
What's with this forum? No Klein riders know anything about pre-Trek serial numbers?

The serial no on the rear derailleur may be misleading.

Maybe try getting the serial no. from under the bottom bracket. Email it to Klein and ask them. I'm sure they will be able to help.

· Registered
11,555 Posts
If memory serves me right, in 1996 Klein gave up on their proprietary bottom bracket design which had the bearings pressed into an odd-sized, unthreaded bottom bracket shell. This design worked for a while, but after a few thousand miles became a never-ending problem for many Klein owners. If your Klein has a standard threaded bottom bracket inside a standard threaded bottom bracket shell, it was most probably made after 1996. Vague, but that's all I got right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.