Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I don't know, but some suggestions to help you get info faster:

1. Post this in the retro fourm

2. Take some more closeup photos (from multiple angles) of the headtube lugs, fork crown, and seat cluster. Those often have distinctive details that help identify frame builders.

3. Describe the parts a bit, to help pin down the age. Looks like a freewheel rather than a freehub, but I can't tell for sure. How many speeds? Take closeups of brake calipers, rear derailleur, and crankarms.

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
Take a good pic of the seatstay top eyes. That would be your best bet - and a pic of the serial number if there is one. As there were a zillion Italian steel frame makers you will probably never get it ID'd.

·
Registered
21,726 Posts
there are no markings on the bike at all besides a 58 on the bb. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Could be any of hundreds of makes from (probably) the 70s. I can tell you those look like Prugnat long point lugs, and they were not finished very well. It has Columbus tubing, possibly SL but you have obscured the decal so that's hard to tell. The fork crown, rear dropouts, where the chain stays meet the BB, and the seat cluster are the frame details that tell the tale and you have not shown any of them well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could be any of hundreds of makes from (probably) the 70s. I can tell you those look like Prugnat long point lugs, and they were not finished very well. It has Columbus tubing, possibly SL but you have obscured the decal so that's hard to tell. The fork crown, rear dropouts, where the chain stays meet the BB, and the seat cluster are the frame details that tell the tale and you have not shown any of them well.
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/retro-classic/mystery-bike-late-60s-early-70s-302728.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.