Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Shut up legs!
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought a 86 Pinarello Montello and I want to change out the old cables on the bike.
I have been searching all over the net for a set of white housing cables for the old Campy parts.

I found the Jagwire Racer cable set to be what I need, but white color is out of stock everywhere! The only place that seem to have stock is GloryCycle but they want $47 shipping to Canada! that's more than the cable set itself.

If anyone know of another brand of cables that has white housing and is compatible with Campy please let me know. Or a place that has white Jagwire Racer in stock.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Don't know what the cost of shipping to Canada would be, but here - http://www.bikeman.com/CA6162.html.

I just printed out the best price I could find (Tree Fort Bikes), went to my LBS and had them match the price, paid the tax, and BAM! $27 USD plus 9.3% sales tax :)

·
Shut up legs!
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!! I just placed the order. They charged me a very reasonable $15 for USPS Priority mail. Now I just hope they really have them in stock.

Yesterday I found a couple available on Amazon.com. It indicated there were 2 in stock at Niagrafall Cycles. But an hour ago I got an email telling me my order is cancel because of no stock.

I have yet to buy anything from Glory Cycles although they often have what I want. But their insane shipping charges is preventing me from pressing that ORDER CONFIRM button.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Well HOPEFULLY they still have them in stock. I just had someone PM me the other day asking where I found my white Jagwire cables. I'm glad my LBS had them in stock. They told me that they'll match any prices I find online as long as it's more than their cost from QBP :)

·
Shut up legs!
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RoadBikeVirgin said:
Well HOPEFULLY they still have them in stock. I just had someone PM me the other day asking where I found my white Jagwire cables. I'm glad my LBS had them in stock. They told me that they'll match any prices I find online as long as it's more than their cost from QBP :)

Who's your LBS? I see you are from Tacoma.. Maybe I can visit them when I am down in Seattle next time.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
kdub said:
Who's your LBS? I see you are from Tacoma.. Maybe I can visit them when I am down in Seattle next time.
Old Town Bicycle - corner of McCarver and Ruston on the waterfront. If you need directions, let me know :) If you have a tech question, ask for Sam - If you want to buy something, ask for Ryan or Ross - If you need help with fit, talk to Tory :D

And FYI they carry Specialized, Cannondale, Cervelo, Santa Cruz, and IF bikes :)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
kdub said:
Oh nice, they have a website and an online store too. The Jagwires aren't listed however.
If it turns out Bikeman has no stock, I could call Old Town and order some.

Thanks
Anytime :thumbsup:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Try biketiresdirect.com. I just got mine last week.

Contact there said they had several white sets.

·
Shut up legs!
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
El Guapo said:
Contact there said they had several white sets.

Really?? Cuz according to their website they only have black. But anyway, out of desparation yesterday, I bought a set from GloryCycles and paid the premium shipping charge. They did email me a tracking number just 2 hours after I ordered online. So I am impressed.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Last I checked, your LBS **SHOULD** be able to order white housing in 20' lengths from the wholesalers.

M

1 - 16 of 16 Posts