Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a 15 year old junior racer searching for a reasonably affordable TT bike. However i am still growing so i need a bike that can grow with me. Basically, i need the most adjustable bike. my price limit is proabably around $3000. I've been looking at Specialized Transition Comp (most aero,most expensive) , Felt B12 (most adjustable?) , Cervelo P2C Ultegra (cheapest, proven quality) and an Argon 18 E-112 with a custom build kit (obscure, but with the nice option of choosing my components and it seems pretty adjustable). New suggestions are also welcome. thx

·
Registered
183 Posts
Do you really need a TT bike as a Junior? Im a junior racing in PA and you cant use tt bikes in a lot of jr races because ppl cant afford them (tour of pa is a great example where nobody in the u25 field could use tt bikes). Out of the list though, id go P2C. They are great bikes!

·
trying to HTFU...
1,910 Posts
allenpg said:
I'd look towards a Leader Bikes frame or a used Felt, Cervelo, etc. as it will be outgrown. Then again, any of the bikes you mentioned are OK, since you can always swap components with a new frame...:) Good luck!

+1

true dat.
you can spec a leader 735tt with ultegra and zipp 404 clinchers for about
the price of the b12. race that for a year and upgrade the frame as you grow.
the ultegra should last you at least a couple seasons; the 404s would be great
race wheels and you can always get a set of neuvations for bombproof, inexpensive
trainers. make sure you stay within whatever rules govern your races(seat position
especially, given that you've listed bikes that can easily achieve 78deg STA.)

http://www.leaderbikestore.com/pd_ld_730tt2.cfm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.