Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
34 mins into a 53 minute TT, my Specialized TT saddle turned to lava under my shorts. Right on the inside of my thighs were they join my torso (commonly known as the 'crotch', 'groin', or even 'moneymaker') was horribly painful. I finished the TT, but as a reduced pace due (some added physical and mental pain didn't make that 2nd half easy...I could barely pedal.) I had to sit all the way back, choke up on the bars, or wanted nothing else in life other than to stand up out of the saddle.

This is the first truly long race effort I've done on the saddle; I've done some four 20-25 minute races, and up to 3hr training rides on the saddle, and never had a problem. It's quite a bit wider than my road bike saddle (the inevitable Arione).

So the inevitable follow-up questions: could this be due to a saddle position? Either forward/backward on the bike, particularly in angle? Currently, the seat has a noticeable, but not huge, downward angle.

What saddles do people enjoy for the time trial rigs? I might be shopping for a new one...

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've tried the Selle San Marco and Selle Italia TT saddles, like them both. I prefer the Selle Italia slightly. I think TT saddles are less specific, since you're spending most of your time on the big soft nose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.