Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks for all the feedback on the base training post. much appreciated and builds my confidence in what i'm doing.

using trainingpeaks.com i've clipped my TTS/IF chart over the past couple of weeks.

View attachment 274843

I've tried to drop off the TSS score by doing the low intensity, large volume training (with sprints/ TT pulls occationally int he works outs). The IF seems to be where i need it for maintaining the volume of training. TTS seems low but presuming thats good for base training at the stage of the year as it allows me to do more training without rest?

thoughts?

cheers

N

·
Registered
455 Posts
Am I reading that right ~200 TSS/week at ~.7IF? That works out to less then 3 hours a week(70tss hour). You call that low intensity high volume? That is low intensity but there's no volume there. You need volume. You are not even adding volume and building from one week to the next. What is it you are trying to do again? How much are you currently riding?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Is your TSS a weekly number? If so, for comparison, my TSS comparable measure from Golden Cheetah, which is weekly bikescore total, is 600 with intensity factor of .71 - primarily zone 2 riding, all on a trainer. Short term stress (ATL) is 90, Long term stress (CTL) is 50 so stress balance is 40. That's with a couple months of data entered.

If you don't have much data entered your CTL will be low until you get closer to 42 days, but with 7 days your ATL will be accurate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the great advice. Much appreciated!

I'm a newbie so please be gentle as I'm just starting to learn everything and how to make it work for me.... Hence the ask for thoughts

I need to upload the 1 more workout to this week and the rest of the weekend needs to go in.

The info above is exactly what I was after! Sounds like for z2/3 base training the the IF is about right but the TSS basically needs to double/ treble?? I am trying to ramp this up (which started the week just past) and next week will be min 2 hours per night after only averaging around 5 hours per week to start with.

I'm looking to enter mainly tt's but also some distances (100's). My thought process after reading was to work on base z2/3 in jan feb to adapt slow twitch fibres and the ramps up into z4/5 before the races starting in march.

I'm coming from a semi pro basketball background so need to convert my body!

Happy for all constructive critics:)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Yes you need much more volume. For the past 3 weeks I averaged about 770 TSS per week at about .75 IF. That is 14 hours of riding per week (all indoors).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.