Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a bunch of good quality tubes to have on hand, instead of running to LBS every time I get a flat. I checked Vittorio, and some others, and the size designations seemed different. For example, the Kendras I bought at Beans were 23/25c, but on line they were 19/21/23. My tires are 700x23 front and 25 in rear. I'd like to get a tube that I can use for either wheel, obviously. Will the Vittorio work on the 25c? Anyone have any recommendations for mfr or place to purchase?

BTW, for my last flat, I was surprised how well the CO2 cartridge worked, as made by Innovations. Had me up and going in no time.

· Registered
5,644 Posts
rugger said:
I want to buy a bunch of good quality tubes to have on hand, instead of running to LBS every time I get a flat. I checked Vittorio, and some others, and the size designations seemed different. For example, the Kendras I bought at Beans were 23/25c, but on line they were 19/21/23. My tires are 700x23 front and 25 in rear. I'd like to get a tube that I can use for either wheel, obviously. Will the Vittorio work on the 25c? Anyone have any recommendations for mfr or place to purchase?

BTW, for my last flat, I was surprised how well the CO2 cartridge worked, as made by Innovations. Had me up and going in no time.
any tube should work for widths larger than itself - so yes, a 23 will work for a 25. Heck, I have used 23 tubes for my cross tires that are 32s, just cause I did not have anything else on hand at the time.

The difference is that the smaller diameter tubes will just stretch more to fill the larger diameters of the other tires, and thus be slightly thinner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.