Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a pair of hutchinson fusion 3s and installed them on vuelta rims with duct tape. A pain in the ass to install. I generally can install and remove tires without tools no problem. with the fusions, I broke all my plastic levers. I had to work at it for several days until I mastered the technique. Once you get the technique, it is not as difficult. The front wheel got sealed right away. The rear gave me trouble at the valve. I had to disassemble and start again. The trick is to seat the valve really well. I accomplished this by making a small hole in the valve hole and push the valve down while I tightened the nut. Once you install the stuff, it pumps easily with a floor pump. If you get everything installed properly, and you do the shaky, shaky, they will seal perfectly well. I rode twice without problems with 95 psi, running over humps, potholes and rough roads. I haven't checked the wheels for a week and they are at 80psi today. If they hold I will stick to them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
What I do to make my tubeless tires put my wheels easily.

First I am giving them a hot shower so they relax while I am doing the second step :D :D
Second is; with a sponge and dish soap I am soaping the wheel and the tire.

After that, I am mounting one bead to the wheel. for the second bead, not like clincher tires, I am not starting from the valve; I am ending at the valve.

With that 3 simple trick, tire is mounting without any tools.

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.