Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here run these wheels with tubeless tires that are not a huge pain in the ass to mount? I tried mounting Continental 5000 TL tires and gave up without even getting them on the rims. Even if I somehow managed to get them on there is no way they'd be coming off on the side of the road if needed. If anyone has discovered tried and true tubeless tires for these wheels please let me know.

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
What width tires are you using?

Those wheels have a really shallow channel. It'll be hard to mount any tire. At least they don't have spoke holes so you don't have to worry about tape thickness.
This review said they used Vittoria Corsa Speed tyres. But doesn't mention what width or how they were to mount.

Wood Table Cabinetry Computer desk Audio equipment

Get yourself a Kool Stop Tire Bead Jack. It'll get any tire on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anyone here run these wheels with tubeless tires that are not a huge pain in the ass to mount? I tried mounting Continental 5000 TL tires and gave up without even getting them on the rims. Even if I somehow managed to get them on there is no way they'd be coming off on the side of the road if needed. If anyone has discovered tried and true tubeless tires for these wheels please let me know.
Schwalbe Pro One TLE worked very well for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts