Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
personally, i cant wait for a good set of road tubeless wheels. 3 flats in 2 days for me - sucks. anyone know if the fulcrum tubeless wheel claim of 30% farther rolling distance is accurate?

·
monkey with flamethrower
821 Posts
Campag seems to have gotten the tubeless bug bad especially when they are making outlandish claims of 30% less rolling resistance. In all reality you might get around 5% less rolling resistance.

·
Registered
797 Posts
So, if I'm running tubeless tires, and have a flat.... What happens next?
Am I thumb'n a ride, or are they as easily patched as an innertube?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
So, if I'm running tubeless tires, and have a flat.... What happens next?
Yes, you either just tube it, or if the puncture isn't severe and your haven't broken the bead/rim seal, you can use Fast'air. The Fast'air is great if you're on a tight time line, like riding before you leave for work. It only takes a minute or two and you're back on the road. IME, it will only get you to about 70-80 PSI, but that's good enough to cruise home on tubeless.

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
loudog said:
^ if its a tubleless system it would already have the sealant in it.. hence the "just put air in it."
If it is a true tubeless system it does not need sealant for set-up and won't need it until there is a puncture. So if you don't elect to add it as a preventative measure, it won't be in there.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
^ if its a tubleless system it would already have the sealant in it.. hence the "just put air in it."
But if you've flatted on the tire with sealant in it, which definitely can happen on road tubeless, clearly putting air in it isn't going to help. You'd need a tube.

If it is a true tubeless system it does not need sealant for set-up and won't need it until there is a puncture. So if you don't elect to add it as a preventative measure, it won't be in there.
+1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.