Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm looking for a little help and couldn't find the answers below, so here's my question.

I'm using Enve twenty9 XC disc clinchers which are tubeless ready (with the MTN tubeless kit). Will I have any issues mounting Stans Raven Cyclocross tires? What other relative fast tubeless cx tire should I consider (35mm preferable)? This would be a race only setup.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts
Shouldn't have issues. Might want to get some rimstrips just in case (if you don't use them, you can always return them).

Specialized The Captain 2BR is a nice tire, 700x34c
as well as Vittoria Cross XG Pro, 700x34c (the bead is tighter than that of Specialized).

Though... Enve's tape looks a lot like Gorilla duct tape.... so you're paying a lot more money for pre-cut tape with the Enve name on the cardboard.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You are correct. Enve tubeless tape is Gorilla Tape.
Shouldn't have issues. Might want to get some rimstrips just in case (if you don't use them, you can always return them).

Specialized The Captain 2BR is a nice tire, 700x34c
as well as Vittoria Cross XG Pro, 700x34c (the bead is tighter than that of Specialized).

Though... Enve's tape looks a lot like Gorilla duct tape.... so you're paying a lot more money for pre-cut tape with the Enve name on the cardboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.