Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A wheelist
11,322 Posts
Which Conti's have removable cores? I have a wide range of the Race, Cross, and Light tubes, none of which have a removable core.
Hmmm you made me think - and go look. I unpacked a bunch of tube boxes.

All my Race Light with gold valve stems do.
All my Race with gold valve stems do.
All my Race with silver valve stems don't.

So I'll conclude that all Conti tubes with gold stems have removable cores. I thought they all did.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hmmm you made me think - and go look. I unpacked a bunch of tube boxes.

All my Race Light with gold valve stems do.
All my Race with gold valve stems do.
All my Race with silver valve stems don't.

So I'll conclude that all Conti tubes with gold stems have removable cores. I thought they all did.

Interesting, I've never seen one with a gold stem. Can you post a pic of the box or at least the "model" name of the tube? I've been looking for some removable valve core tubs online for a while now. I would like to stick with Conti...

·
A wheelist
11,322 Posts
Interesting, I've never seen one with a gold stem. Can you post a pic of the box or at least the "model" name of the tube? I've been looking for some removable valve core tubs online for a while now. I would like to stick with Conti...
Here ya go. A sample of all my boxes. Left to right - silver, gold, gold.
Silver - non-removable. Gold - removable.

There are no other numbers on the boxes.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here ya go. A sample of all my boxes. Left to right - silver, gold, gold.
Silver - non-removable. Gold - removable.

There are no other numbers on the boxes.
Thanks for that. I've been ordering Conti "Race" tubes for ages, never has a gold stem one turned up. It doesn't appear that the box labels them as removable core either. Interesting....

·
A wheelist
11,322 Posts
I've been ordering Conti "Race" tubes for ages, never has a gold stem one turned up. It doesn't appear that the box labels them as removable core either. Interesting....
I didn't buy them as replaceable core tubes. I just know I needed some when I got some 50mm deep carbon rims and I needed valve extenders and I found replaceable core tubes in my stash. I don't know where I got them from (I get everything mailorder) and I certainly didn't order tubes with replaceable cores.

Hmmm, on reflection I probably got them at the Canadian outdoor store MEC -

Continental 700 x 18-25c Presta Tube 48mm Valve - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

I'll bet MEC doesn't even know whether they're removable core or not.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
In addition to the Conti tubes mentioned in several posts, I have also used a Schwalbe tube that worked well with the Vittoria and Conti extenders I use on deeper section clinchers like my Zipp 404s and others.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts