Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a Cannondale road tube? I bought one the other day to have as a spare because they had nothing else, and it’s much heavier than anything I’ve ever used.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
You've averaged 14.5 posts per year for nearly 13 years...and you end 2016 w/ this? I'm surprised you found it worth posting about. Obviously your tube is heavy. Some tubes are light. Some aren't.

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
Has anyone used a Cannondale road tube? I bought one the other day to have as a spare because they had nothing else, and it’s much heavier than anything I’ve ever used.
and this affects your riding how...?

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
I would add the following two insights:

Either you are, or you aren't.

No matter where you go, there you are.

I'm sure more wisdom will come to me if I just sit tight.
All time classic. I'll add: 220, 221...whatever it takes.
Happy New Year Kerry.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,411 Posts
Just throw them away, much too heavy!

No. Add more heavy spare tubes and pedal harder. That way you will keep the same average speed while being in better shape!

·
Wandering
195 Posts
I know it's hard to resist when an infrequent poster lobs up a soft pitch like this but the responses are pretty-much the opposite of forum-friendly - not exactly encouraging to noobs who might be considering asking a question ...

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I know it's hard to resist when an infrequent poster lobs up a soft pitch like this but the responses are pretty-much the opposite of forum-friendly - not exactly encouraging to noobs who might be considering asking a question ...
Well, lets see the PC answer, instead of attacking other prominent members of the forum!

·
Wandering
195 Posts
Well, lets see the PC answer, instead of attacking other prominent members of the forum!
My response isn't remotely an attack on anyone - just a request to consider the impact of what is written.

... and as far as "prominent members of the forum" being off-limits, I would suggest that those folks are the best targets since they've been around, know who's who, can likely handle themselves in a snark-skirmish & are unlikely to stop posting just because someone insinuates something in their direction.

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
meh, the OP is a throwaway question.

there's no real information being sought, just a poorly-constructed faux-rant about a backup tube being 'heavy'...

even a noob can easily see why the conversation went in the direction it did.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,411 Posts
My response isn't remotely an attack on anyone - just a request to consider the impact of what is written.

... and as far as "prominent members of the forum" being off-limits, I would suggest that those folks are the best targets since they've been around, know who's who, can likely handle themselves in a snark-skirmish & are unlikely to stop posting just because someone insinuates something in their direction.

The internet is a rough place. I learned long time ago to wear my Nomex undies in here. :D

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,411 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts