Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What valve extender do you recommend and a good source? I'm using 700c Conti Sprinters with Velocity Pro Elite Deep-V (30mm) rims. Will probably use Conti Competition in the future.

Thanks,
TF

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Mavic or Campag

They both make valve extenders which are nicely machined an complete with small o-rings.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
I use the Tufo mad valve extenders shown here

Worldclasscycles.com sells them as well as lots of other tubular stuff. They are really nice people and very LBS feeling without the LBS prices. The Tufo extenders let you take the core out of your current valve stem and reinsert it into the extender, so you don't just have to leave the core open. The extenders come in all sizes and are available in alloy or steele.

·
Registered
985 Posts
The Tufo aluminum extenders seem to be the best available. Not only are the valve cores exposed where you can open and close them, you can even put a valve cover over them to keep out the dirt. The only downside is if you use the Tufo sealant or Slime it can get clogged in the extender so you have to take it all apart and clean it out to be able to pump up your tire.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
What valve extender do you recommend and a good source? I'm using 700c Conti Sprinters with Velocity Pro Elite Deep-V (30mm) rims. Will probably use Conti Competition in the future.

Thanks,
TF
I just keep the things open, installing a valve extender when I'm pumping. The little nut on the top of Presta valves is a "just in case." The air in the tube holds the valve shut.

I also keep a valve extender taped to a pair of CO2 cartrges in my bag o' goodies with me on the bike. That way, even if I'm not riding my deep section rims, I know I have it with me.

Mike

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts