Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what brand of tubular tire cement is clear? Can anyone identify the color of each manufacturers cement? I'll be gluing tires soon for the first time in 30 years and I remember the red stuff (Clement) being a tad messy and hard to clean up. I think the clear will help hide my goofs.

· Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
Clear or amber cement is made by Conti, Vittoria, and many others. Better Conti tubulars require the use of conti cement, but Vittoria Mastik1 is the best to use otherwise. AFAIK, red glue is no longer available.

Unless you need to mount and dismount tires in cold conditions, avoid any and all white "gutta" cements, like Tubasti.

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, I got the Continental glue and it was an amber color that went on and dried pretty much clear so there were no worrys of the glue showing up like the old red stuff. Following the advise of others letting the tires streach for a week and letting the glue dry before mounting made intalling the tires a piece of cake. I wished I knew all this 30 years ago! I included a pic of my bike I just put the tires on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.