Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently acquired some 303s and am in search of a good tubie tire to do them justice. I plan on using these tires mostly for TTs and hill climbs (such as Mt. Evans and Horgan, for those in the Denver area), so light weight and a smooth center tread would be preferred over something with a long life and is super grippy. Recommendations? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Continental or Veloflex

Competition or Podium would be my choice but Veloflex are very nice and can be found at lower prices than the Competition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ritchey

The Ritchey WCS tubies are very nice also. My whole team rides them and no problems with them, very nice ride, and not too pricey. They are basically the same as Vittoria's.

·
Registered
985 Posts
If you can afford the Conti Comps, go for them. I have settled on riding on the Sprinters that I find on the web for about 3 for $100.

·
The Edge
205 Posts
I second the recommendation.

Competition and Veloflex. The people that do it for a living pick those two so why not you?

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
I use Conti Sprinters on my 303s

I started out with Vittorias, but I think the Sprinters are holding up much better.

Don't use the 303's for the Boulder Roubaix, dude.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Try to find some Tufo S3 tires in the 20mm size. They are fast and ride like 23mm clinchers as far as comfort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts