Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Blah, Blah, Blah
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the topic just came up about FMB, but I figured I would go wider with it. I'm looking for some sealant for my tubular tires. They do have a removable valve core.
Looks like the choices I would consider are
1) Stan's
2) Slime
3) Tufo

Any others? I know slime has been around forever. Any reason not to use this one? I think I can easily get Slime locally without too much of a hassle, but not sure on Stan's, and probably not on Tufo.

Thanks.
-Pete

·
Registered
519 Posts
Go with Stan's and if your shop does not have it on the shelf it can order it for you quite easily. Also there are alot of latex based Co2 combo sealants these days that might be of interest to you, I know Hutchenson and Geax make it so keep your eyes open. Good luck and be well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What model of tubs are you riding on? Some of the higher priced models have latex tubes in them, and sealants don't work well, if at all in them. I've had good luck with both Stan's and Tufo sealant on Tufo tires, but they don't have any tube in them, the casing itself is air tight, and the sealants have a lot of surface area around a puncture to "bite" into and plug up the hole. There is also the Vittoria brand of sealant the has gotten good reviews, but I haven't used it myself to confirm how well it works.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
My Challenges weren't holding air real well so I added about 1 capful pre-fl$ts. That worked fine.

·
Daylight Fading
1,903 Posts
Rhodsy, I'm going tubular this year too

Likely, I'll do the same RBR searches that you did to get these answers.

See you at Agawam?

BT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.