Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tubulars and fixed gears for commuting on moderately bumpy - pot hole roads...

Riding the fine line, asking for trouble or just plain insane?

yr 2 sen?

btw what tubulars recomended for riding condition described above?

cheers ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Totally sane

Tubulars have a lot of practical advantages. It's too bad they are going the way of the dinosaur.

I've got a set of Vittoria Mondial Kevlars and an el-cheapo no name training tubular spare just gathering dust in my basement. Got anything you want to trade for 'em?

Nowadays, the Tufos have a good reputation. Look for Cyclocross tires if you want to have maximum urban assault coolness factor.

Me- I'm converting to all clinchers. I'm tired of fighting the trend. I just hate getting flats- so I miss that "Rrrrip!" feeling when you tear off your flat and then stretch on the new tire. 3 minutes off the bike, total. And I was slow at it! Slow! Now, it's more like 15 minutes- poking around, trying to find the piece of crap that caused the hole in the first place.

So... I'm looking for some seat-frame-handlebar bags for my new tandem, clothes in womens small size, funky stuff from local bike scenes... watcha got? These tires need a good home!

'meat

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
so I miss that "Rrrrip!" feeling when you tear off your flat and then stretch on the new tire. 3 minutes off the bike, total. And I was slow at it! Slow!
Well said! Those 3-minute tire changes were one of the reasons why tubulars hung around for so long. Seems like nowadays most everyone errs on the side of caution and glues tubulars on like you would a countertop - and you're screwed when you flat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts