Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it pencil-whipping if they are WBT's (web based training)?

I'm completely certified for the next year, I now know that I should not download the architecture of our next 5 products to my USB flash drive and then lose it at Flying Star, that it's a mistake to donate to the electoral campaign fund of the cousin of a Latin American dictator and it's imprudent to pay for a personal trip with my corporate card.

Please, will the nearest Lounge member drive over and drill a hole in my head to a) relieve the pressure of all this recently gained common sense and b) kill me now.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Yours sounds more fun than mine

"Proper Hand Washing Technique"
"HIPAA Regulations"

Far too many have something to do with various bodily fluids.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Could be worse- on our last round, we got: ethics (i.e., bribery is a bad thing), sexual harassment (what you can't say- even when you and your fellow long-term coworkers have been behaving the same way for years, with everybody agreeing on what's humorous and not), and the proper way to fill out several gummint forms

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
T-shirt said:
It sounds like your company has an excellent professional development program.
They certainly have a world class wbt certification program. And the necessary bureaucracy to start reminding us in March.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Creakyknees said:
"more than a handful's a waste"
Is that what Hickey wrote on your facebook page?

G

·
terry b said:
Is it pencil-whipping if they are WBT's (web based training)?

I'm completely certified for the next year, I now know that I should not download the architecture of our next 5 products to my USB flash drive and then lose it at Flying Star, that it's a mistake to donate to the electoral campaign fund of the cousin of a Latin American dictator and it's imprudent to pay for a personal trip with my corporate card.

Please, will the nearest Lounge member drive over and drill a hole in my head to a) relieve the pressure of all this recently gained common sense and b) kill me now.
I'm clear.

All of ours are set to Dec 31 deadlines which means I won't start getting reminders for about another 2 weeks or so.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
toomanybikes said:
I'm clear.

All of ours are set to Dec 31 deadlines which means I won't start getting reminders for about another 2 weeks or so.
Our process is so stupid, the certs are valid for a year, but they start beating the hell out of everyone in February while setting goals of 25% compliance per quarter.

Gee whiz, I'm trying to build a factory on the other side of the world, I think I'll drop that and complete my office ergonomics class.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I start training tomorrow for what will be my 3rd job working behind a deli counter. I can't wait to see how much I "Learn" tomorrow. I wonder if they way they show me how to use the slicer and scales will be the same as I used to train people on them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
We did a sexual harassment series years ago that was just awesome. Predated web-based stuff, so the whole engineering team had to watch a very dated, blue collar video together and then have a 'discussion' after. For the video, think dropping the pencil & guys putting a condom on the tine of a forklift.

The training provided an immense new field of questionable behavior for the team to engage in. Very good for morale.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts