Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mounted a Tufo Elite that I had sitting around and want to do some trail riding. I'll be close to home so I won't be too screwed if I shred something, but there are goat-heads around here so I want to put in some sealant. I have NoTubes on hand. Should I use this or wait for some Tufo sealant?

· More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
PeanutButterBreath said:
I mounted a Tufo Elite that I had sitting around and want to do some trail riding. I'll be close to home so I won't be too screwed if I shred something, but there are goat-heads around here so I want to put in some sealant. I have NoTubes on hand. Should I use this or wait for some Tufo sealant?
Stan's should be fine. I managed to plug up a fairly large hole in a Flexus for a while -- until I tore the sidewall in an unrelated incident.

4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MIN in PDX said:
I plugged a 2mm hole with stan's in a schwalbe stelvio, which is made by tufo. it kinda holds air - the hole pops out at 95 psi.
I've see that happen with Stan's. Works fine up to a certain pressure and then all heck breaks loose. Can you superglue a larger hole like that in galvanized tubulars?

All I really need is 25 psi for an hour. :thumbsup:

· now in philadelphia
798 Posts
PeanutButterBreath said:
I've see that happen with Stan's. Works fine up to a certain pressure and then all heck breaks loose. Can you superglue a larger hole like that in galvanized tubulars?

superglue? hmmm I should try that. I have a useless tire that can't be repaired otherwise.

as a sidenote, i am going to avoid seamless tires going forward. it's a stupid idea.

· Registered
41 Posts
Stans contains platelet-like particles that are meant to accumulate in the puncture so the latex goop can form a decent seal. The trick is to hold the bottle of Stans upside down for long enough that the little solid bits actually make it into the tire.

Glitter is a great idea though. And how pretty!

· Registered
269 Posts
Galvanized, eh?

PeanutButterBreath said:

I've only run the anodized or the stainless steel. Where does one procure these galvanized tires? Insert stupid smiley for those not associated with gentle sarcasm.

I think the thing word is vulcanized. (Like Spock!)

Just busting your chops a bit. No malice intended.

4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unoveloce said:
I've only run the anodized or he stainless. Where does one procure these galvanized tires? Insert stupid smiley for those not associated with gentle sarcasm.

I think the thing word is vulcanized. (Like Spock!)

Just busting your chops a bit. No malice intended.
LOL.

Vulcanized. The ones without the cloth casing, which makes them impractical to Martinize. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.