Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Team Tom's
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got 4th in both races. Freakin Cat 1 Mountain biker goin roadie pushed me off podium! :D He won both events easily.

I'm still happy with my results. But I wanted to do better! That hill hurt! The pro's did it 40 times! Us 5's did it 13. My mind can't even wrap around that kind of awesomeness.

· Team Tom's
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, here is part of Cry Baby Hill for those that don't know it... This was during the pro race. The steep part of the hill is not in this video. Where you see the riders turning right before they come up that less-steep hill is the top of the steeper hill.

Yes, it's a party on Cry Baby Hill. Always. :D

· done
3,299 Posts
MaddSkillz said:
I got 4th in both races. Freakin Cat 1 Mountain biker goin roadie pushed me off podium! :D He won both events easily.
Effing sandbagger. But I guess if you want to switch from mountain to road, there's no shortcuts. Nevertheless, nice work.

Yeah, it's always kind of amazing to see the Pros race, especially when you can get up close. They'd just kind of breeze up that hill.

· Team Tom's
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love Commander said:
Effing sandbagger. But I guess if you want to switch from mountain to road, there's no shortcuts. Nevertheless, nice work.

Yeah, it's always kind of amazing to see the Pros race, especially when you can get up close. They'd just kind of breeze up that hill.

Yeah, I can't figure out if it's encouraging or discouraging. heh

· Registered
234 Posts
I was out watching & drinking on Saturday night at Soundpony and for a short while on Sunday. I did a 100k non-competitive ride on Saturday which got pretty hot! I'd like to try a race next year, though I've got a long way to go...

-Dan

· Team Tom's
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
eyezlee said:
I was there Friday night and Saturday I did my first metric century. Hot and slow.

Watched a bit of the video, what caused the wreck 2:30 in?
Not sure what caused the entire mess, but a friend, who is the one in the yellow and white you see getting back up, told me he thinks the dude in the fro hit his handlebars by accident. He was cool with it though. It's all part of that race.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.