Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I drove down Davis St. and turned to see what the ever changing display in Turnin's window currently is, it looked like a construction/demo crew had gone to work in not just the window but the whole store???

I thought last year I heard Chris say something about remodeling, please tell me that's the case and not something worse....Rollo, Alex, Scotty, anyone????

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Remodeling

Jayhawk said:
As I drove down Davis St. and turned to see what the ever changing display in Turnin's window currently is, it looked like a construction/demo crew had gone to work in not just the window but the whole store???

I thought last year I heard Chris say something about remodeling, please tell me that's the case and not something worse....Rollo, Alex, Scotty, anyone????
There's a description of what they're up to on the website - turinbicycle.com.

Sales and service are open during the interim. Service in the same spot, but via the alley. Sales down the block, in a small space also accessible via the alley.

What's up? Do you have any new tips on how to ride east-west between the NW burbs and the Evanston area?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I thought...

Alex-in-Evanston said:
There's a description of what they're up to on the website - turinbicycle.com.

Sales and service are open during the interim. Service in the same spot, but via the alley. Sales down the block, in a small space also accessible via the alley.

What's up? Do you have any new tips on how to ride east-west between the NW burbs and the Evanston area?

Although I did have visions of the gift cert. my wife got me for my birthday going down the toilet.

I haven't really been able to improved on the Evanston to NW burbs route that I'm using to commute. Although the only sketchy place is heading east from the forest preserve to Glenview Rd. I have to ride on Central for about 200 yards, and there isn't much shoulder. Any place in particular you're looking to get to/from?

I saw a link to the Harper College ride, I think I might give that a try, but I'm wondering how fast they are? It doesn't seem like they have A and B rides, so I could wind up getting smoked pretty quick.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Central.

Jayhawk said:
Although I did have visions of the gift cert. my wife got me for my birthday going down the toilet.

I haven't really been able to improved on the Evanston to NW burbs route that I'm using to commute. Although the only sketchy place is heading east from the forest preserve to Glenview Rd. I have to ride on Central for about 200 yards, and there isn't much shoulder. Any place in particular you're looking to get to/from?

I saw a link to the Harper College ride, I think I might give that a try, but I'm wondering how fast they are? It doesn't seem like they have A and B rides, so I could wind up getting smoked pretty quick.
That 200 yards isn't too terrible. I assume you're riding the DPR trail from Eulcid?

I don't know much about the Harper ride, but I saw that post too. They ride really nice roads - Cuba, etc. Give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

I've got a gift card to Turin too. New chain, new cables, maybe another jersey. I'm saving it till they re-open.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alex-in-Evanston said:
I don't know much about the Harper ride, but I saw that post too. They ride really nice roads - Cuba, etc. Give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

You're right about the good roads the Harper ride uses......from the route on their web site, it looks like it goes right by Walter Payton's house, some of the houses in South Barrington make the houses on Sheridan road look small!

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
Jayhawk said:
You're right about the good roads the Harper ride uses......from the route on their web site, it looks like it goes right by Walter Payton's house, some of the houses in South Barrington make the houses on Sheridan road look small!
They go back down Ela which sure is not one of my favorite roads. At least they are southbound with evening traffic going north. - TF

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,404 Posts
In summertime, it's a pretty hard ride w/ a series of "sprinter hills" at mid point. Can't say what it's like now. The first 5 miles aren't too bad. Things start to speed up after you get west of Barrington Rd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts