Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a couple of these for my wife and my bikes...I think they'll get fitted with a shallow wald basket and cargo nets for short round-town trips...much like a Nitto top-rack and basket set-up on the Riv Bikes, but less flashy and, um, cheaper.

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_141459_-1_200319_200280_200319

Question is...anyone put these on the front instead? I only have fender, not rack eyelets on our forks, but I think some P-clamps down towards the bottom or mid-way up depending on the stay adjustability of the rack and rigging up a mount to the reflector hole on the fork, or bending up some mounts to the canti-studs woud support the rack nicely and give plenty of room up front for a basket mount or a bag support.

Am I crazy, or does this seem like a moderately sane use?

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Just use the current upper supports and bend them as needed. You probably won't hurt anything. You'll have to see if you can even do it when you get the rack, as it's designed for mounting on a part of the bike that has more of an angle, so you may not even have room to mount it level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.