Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Erfahrener Radfahrer
708 Posts
mc_sahib32 said:
I just bought a 06 Tusanny, do i need to face the headtube and BB? is that done by the factory already? most LBS don't like to work on Ti frame.
I just got my '06 Tuscany frame last week. I am building the bike up this weekend, and should have it ready by Tuesday.

The headtube is ready for the headset, just go ahead and pop it in. I have a headset tool, but it's just like putting the cups in a aluminum or steel frame. The headset went in like a dream. I was going to use a Chris King, but ended up using the Cane Creek that came with the frameset.

The BB is threaded (english), although I had to chase the threads before I installed the BB. It was snug going in, so I decided to chased the threads, and then it went in a little easier, but it was still slow going, and a quite stiff. I think it's Ti thing. :)

Enjoy the bike, those rear stays sure are magnificant. :)

· titanium junkie
667 Posts
chasing BB threads - how

IcemanYQQ said:
IThe BB is threaded (english), although I had to chase the threads before I installed the BB. It was snug going in, so I decided to chased the threads, and then it went in a little easier, but it was still slow going, and a quite stiff. I think it's Ti thing. :)
How did you "chase" the BB threads? With a thread cutter? Which one? Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.