Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,433 Posts
Beautiful shots

OK...maybe not the shot of your legs...but the others are gorgeous. My wife and I would LOVE to go to Tuscany. But we'll probably have to wait until the kids are older....

·
Registered
159 Posts
I went to Tuscany 3 summers ago for three weeks with my then 16 yr old son. It was just the two of us. The trip was 'supported' but we travelled entirely on our own...just the two of us.

It was fantastic.
The company we used, Active Journeys, here in Toronto was great and about 1/2 the price of the other companies.

I know some people like groups but for my son and I this was magical.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
I did a tour of Tuscany with the Andy Hampsten group in 2000 as part of my honeymoon. It was the best vacation I ever had. Tuscany is to cycling what Maui is to surfing. It just doesn't get any better.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
how old are your kids? we took our daughter to florence and chianti last year when she was 10-months old. the flights back and forth were hellish, but once on the ground she loved it. not to generalize, but the italians went crazy for her. waitresses were literally carrying her around in restaurants so my wife and i could eat.

we stayed at a small resort outside of siena so i could get some great riding in while mom and baby hung out. we are thinking of going back again in october with one other family (cycling dad and noncycling mom). PM me if you are interested.

PaulCL said:
OK...maybe not the shot of your legs...but the others are gorgeous. My wife and I would LOVE to go to Tuscany. But we'll probably have to wait until the kids are older....

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
pmf said:
How do you post pictures on here?
(If you have storage space on the Internet, you can link to stored pictures that way. I don't have Internet storage space so I don't do that.)

But...To post a picture stored on your computer, when you post a 'reply' or 'new thread',
--Scroll down past the message window, to the 'Additional Options' section...
--To the second box 'Attach Files'...click 'Upload Photos'...
--From the pop-up screen 'browse' (select) a picture that you have stored on you computer and press 'upload'...
--It will tell you when the picture is uploaded...I have dial-up so it takes a few minutes sometimes.
--Close the pop-up window when you are done uploading and finish your post as usual.

Thanks,
Tshirt

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
philippec,

I wish that I was you. I really enjoy all of the ride reports that you post. The scenery is beautiful. All of those areas look like cycling (and European cultural) paradise.

I like your booties(?); It looks like you are riding in your stocking feet.

Thanks again for all of the scenic threads,
Tshirt

·
gone biking...
175 Posts
T-shirt said:
I thought that Phoenix was supposed to be a paradise, No?.:confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::mad::rolleyes::)
Eh, I just need something new.... and um, GREEN. Nothin but dirt here. 115 degree days are fast approaching :(

I'm going to Carlsbad, CA this summer for a week, and staying right by the beach - I'm definitely bringing the bike!! Can't wait...

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
T-shirt said:
I thought that Phoenix was supposed to be a paradise, No?.:confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::mad::rolleyes::)
Phoenix? Paradise? Nah. Phoenix is an over-crowded, ugly shitehole. Now, Tucson.....Tucson is paradise, especially for a cyclist.

One of the only good things about Phoenix is that it isn't Gary, Indiana.

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
T-shirt said:
philippec,

I wish that I was you. I really enjoy all of the ride reports that you post. The scenery is beautiful. All of those areas look like cycling (and European cultural) paradise.

I like your booties(?); It looks like you are riding in your stocking feet.

Thanks again for all of the scenic threads,
Tshirt
Thanks to all -- I could say it's a tough job but someone has to do it... but it really isn't tough at all and I do enjoy getting people thinking about riding in some new places!

Oh, and the booties? Just lycra covers. Easier to slip these in the wash than to wash off road grime, dead dried-on slugs and earthworms and all the other crap that somehow makes it onto my shoes when the roads get wet!

A+
Philippe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts