Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
So some guy from, say, Spain, is supposed to care that an Australian traffic cop will hand him a piece of paper asking for a fine to be paid?

·
likes to eat donuts
827 Posts
lol

That story was hilarious. I'd love to see a little video footage, complete with a Judas Priest 'Breakin' the Law' soundtrack. :thumbsup:

·
huvia ja hyötyä
572 Posts
When I was England, another place with left side traffic, I almost got killed just walking across the streets: all the cars were approaching from the wrong direction or on the wrong side of the street:eek:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Nice! Makes me feel better about the red light I went through last night (t-stop, yielded and no one coming from the left, as I went straight. Road gets very narrow ahead and lots of drunk folks out after the uni homecoming game).

I then had three drivers in a row lecture me about following the rules. I love that. I'll have start lecturing drivers on all the things they do wrong...

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
nayr497 said:
Nice! Makes me feel better about the red light I went through last night (t-stop, yielded and no one coming from the left, as I went straight. Road gets very narrow ahead and lots of drunk folks out after the uni homecoming game).

I then had three drivers in a row lecture me about following the rules. I love that. I'll have start lecturing drivers on all the things they do wrong...
The thing about here in Idaho is that we are the only state in the Union where it is legal for cyclists to NOT stop at stop signs (as long as it is safe to proceed through the intersection) and we can proceed after stopping at red lights but drivers are always whining at you for not stopping at stop signs.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
weltyed said:
it says he is talking, but aint that the aussie version of the middle finger?

ps: is he on older shimano there?
Colnago and 7800, the man know what is good.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
It looks pretty cold in Geelong. I know they're at the bottom of Australia and it's effectively late Winter over there, but look at their clothing -- full-fingered gloves, skull caps, roubaix-lined fleece jackets, and forget knee warmers -- they're in leg warmers. Brrrr! Must be in the low- to mid-40s F there when the photo was snapped?

·
Registered
459 Posts
perttime said:
When I was England, another place with left side traffic, I almost got killed just walking across the streets: all the cars were approaching from the wrong direction or on the wrong side of the street:eek:
Yeah what's up with that? And the steering wheels is on the wrong side of the car!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
^ I went to St. John a few years ago. I think the steering wheel is on the U.S.-side (the left) but you drive on the other side of the road. That was weird. (I might be remembering it wrong, but both aren't flipped, just one)

I lived in NZ for awhile and the wheel + side of the road is reversed, which makes more sense than St. John style. Both are flipped.

And the Italians commuting to the race by bike...and riding home...that is awesome! I think I'm cool with my 8 mile commute to work:) Those guys do it a lot better!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts