Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes after long hard efforts even with a lot of stretching etc... my legs at night get twitchy feeling (almost like restless leg syndrome) but not as intense..
what causes this and how to get rid of?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
spade2you said:
Probably an electrolytes thing. Be more aggressive with your hydration and electrolyte replacement.
Not to hijack the thread but this happens to me as well. Soo the question is what is everyone using for long rides for electrolyte replacement?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
psycleridr said:
Not to hijack the thread but this happens to me as well. Soo the question is what is everyone using for long rides for electrolyte replacement?
good question.. I bring 2 bottles of accelerade and gu gels... not sure what else to gain more electrolytes

·
Registered
21,540 Posts
Salt

psycleridr said:
I carry fig bars to eat while riding, and I pre-salt them with a mix of 2 parts table salt and one part "lite salt" (which is potassium chloride). I also carry salted mixed nuts to eat at the break, and I add some extra salt to them. It works for me and is just about infinitely cheaper than those special electrolyte replacement tabs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts