Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you signed up for Twitter, do they send you a confirmation email to confirm your account?

Some idiot is using my hotmail address as their twitter email and I'm getting 10 "updates" per day...

I change my hotmail password almost weekly so really don't think the account been hacked..

The sign in for Twitter asks for full name, username, password, and email address...

Does twitter send an email to activate your account?

Twitter has been no help....

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
When you signed up for Twitter, do they send you a confirmation email to confirm your account?

Some idiot is using my hotmail address as their twitter email and I'm getting 10 "updates" per day...

I change my hotmail password almost weekly so really don't think the account been hacked..

The sign in for Twitter asks for full name, username, password, and email address...

Does twitter send an email to activate your account?

Twitter has been no help....
I'm brushing my teeth.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
jupiterrn said:
Sorry Dave, I will stop.
I'm typing on my computer.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
y'all are moreons
Who didn't come here expecting serious answers after lunch. Just sayin.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
this is all easily explained.

you're being punished for opening a twitter account in the first place. duh... :)

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
that's my point, I didn't...I have no need for it....I only tried create an account to see if the email was in use
i'm a dumba$s. sometimes I forget.

thanks for the reminder.

that's what I get for hurriedly scanning threads while I'm at work.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
go to twitter.com, try to log-in using your hotmail account, and then hit the "forgot password" link. Once you get the password, change it to your liking and take over the twitter account as your own. I found five Dave Hickeys on twitter. Which one is using your hotmail addy?

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
Stop reusing the same password each time in Snotmail, ya noob...
Besides, most Lownjers use "Dave Hickey" as their password, which is no reason you have to use it, too.
(I had to beat MB1 to teh punch)

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
Thanks Coop...worked like a charm....
Cool! Dave's a Tweetin' in 5

Well, the bonehead that used your email addy FAILed miserably, leaving you the keys to the account. :lol:

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Dave, I know you're looking at this through your "old guy eyes", so I'm going to enlighten you - Twitter is not cool and it won't make the young people think you are. You're wasting your time, concentrate on IMing instead. Master that and by the time you do, some newer, possibly cooler thing will come out.

You can trust me on this, I'm the biggest new stuff lover in our generation (young women notably excluded) and I think Twitter is for Twits. Hence the name.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts