Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a wheelset and was wondering about all the different kinds. You have less pricier ones that get decent reviews (Xero, Neuvation, etc) to the pricey ones like Easton, American Classic, Dura-Ace, etc. Certainly I could do a search and debate the finer points of each. However, would 2 sets of the Neuvations be better than say one Dura-Ace wheelset? On paper it seems like having an extra wheelset around with perhaps different tyres or a cassette would be beneficial, but is it practical? Does anyone do this besides racers? Three bikes and four wheelsets seem good?

I do an occasional group ride, but mostly I go solo. Weight limits are nothing to me.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
"I do an occasional group ride, but mostly I go solo. Weight limits are nothing to me."

Do you think that these "High Zoot" wheelsets will make you go faster? If they increase the size of your ego, go for it.
Whenever I see someone on wheels like this, I think to myself..."this guy must be either a Cat 2, or a bike nerd. After 15 seconds, I can usually tell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.