Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. The stand-off between the UCI and ASO. If anything is damaging pro cycling it is their inability to co-exist peacefully. Grow up children.
2. The Frank Vandenbroucke saga. Either ban him or let him race. One way or another, can we please move on from this debacle?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
gizzard said:
1. The stand-off between the UCI and ASO. If anything is damaging pro cycling it is their inability to co-exist peacefully. Grow up children.
2. The Frank Vandenbroucke saga. Either ban him or let him race. One way or another, can we please move on from this debacle?
UCI/ASO (and most of the other organizers) are playing a very high stakes game. The manner they are going about it however is very childish.

Isn't the VDB saga his own doing? I don't think he's been suspended for a good while now, it is his team's that keep firing him or benching him or whatever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dwayne Barry said:
UCI/ASO (and most of the other organizers) are playing a very high stakes game. The manner they are going about it however is very childish.

Isn't the VDB saga his own doing? I don't think he's been suspended for a good while now, it is his team's that keep firing him or benching him or whatever.
Yes, VDB is entirely responsible for his misdemeanours. However, it seems to me that there is so much indecision on the part of the UCI/teams/Belgian judiciary that the saga, which should have been resolved months/years ago, is being unnecessarily drawn out. Cycling news reports today that a Belgian court has ruled that his 2002 house search/doping case needs to be re-opened.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
gizzard said:
Yes, VDB is entirely responsible for his misdemeanours. However, it seems to me that there is so much indecision on the part of the UCI/teams/Belgian judiciary that the saga, which should have been resolved months/years ago, is being unnecessarily drawn out. Cycling news reports today that a Belgian court has ruled that his 2002 house search/doping case needs to be re-opened.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news

Yeah, I saw that but you can't expect countries judicial systems to just throw their hands up so we can get on with cycling. It is a large part of the problem with OP as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dwayne Barry said:
Yeah, I saw that but you can't expect countries judicial systems to just throw their hands up so we can get on with cycling. It is a large part of the problem with OP as well.
Don't get me started on OP. How did Contador and Valverde manage to get themselves off the hook, I wonder? Every time I see either rider, I can't help but feel that somehow OP managed to contrive a two-tier investigative approach: one for Contador and Velverde, and another for the rest of the riders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
gizzard said:
Don't get me started on OP. How did Contador and Valverde manage to get themselves off the hook, I wonder? Every time I see either rider, I can't help but feel that somehow OP managed to contrive a two-tier investigative approach: one for Contador and Velverde, and another for the rest of the riders.
I don't know about Valverde, I think the case against Contador is pretty weak unless there is a lot there that we haven't seen (it was interesting that while agreeing to help in any way possible, he refused to give DNA). Don't forget there are a whole host of lesser riders that seemed to have pretty good links to the case that are also riding. Valverde is the really baffling one. It seems pretty clear that the Spanish and UCI have decided to "save" certain riders while casting most of the rest off to small teams to ride out their careers. The non-Spainish riders were left to their own devices and some have survived but many were taken down.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top