·
Teach me how to Bucky
465 Posts
Wow, Lance... just wow...

Reactions: il sogno

·
always right sometimes
1,832 Posts
<sarcasm>So it goes to another doper, seriously the new strategy, don't win, just finish 2d.</sarcasm>
yep..just pass the "win" down the ranks until we find the guy who hasn't been caught doping YET. Nice work fellas. Doesn't mean shite to me anymore. I still love watching them race, but I just accept that whoever ends up the the W just didn't get caught most likely.

Just give it time:p

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
yep..just pass the "win" down the ranks until we find the guy who hasn't been caught doping YET. Nice work fellas. Doesn't mean shite to me anymore. I still love watching them race, but I just accept that whoever ends up the the W just didn't get caught most likely.

Just give it time:p
You know I feel the same way, love to watch 'em.

But I can understand their tragic situations (re Tyler's 60 Minutes Interview) and how faced with the choice of doping or not racing at the top level...what would any of us do? It is a very difficult choice.

I place the blame more with the team leaders, up through to the team DS's, and all the way up through team sponsors, UCI controllers who turned a blind eye. They may not have been handing out the needles, but they were living large on the money generated by the industry that was fueled by dope. Then, OMG came the Texan and all the American money! Everyone from the media on down through manufacturers, sponsors, direct and indirect, and those benefitting from the sudden infusion of those dollars, were willing to keep the lie that was doping.

Then there were the riders. Encouraged by their handlers to produce, to reach for glory and fame, to attain that life dream of riding with the best of the best.
In the mean time, the riders were the spectacle, and tragically left to fend for themselves, some like common junkies, trying to score a hit.

So yeah I enjoyed the racing and always will. But my contempt for the industry is escalating on a daily basis. I only trust that there is a special place in hell reserved for those who had the power and authority and responsibility to stop it, but chose to turn their backs, and live well off each turn of a crank.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Eki is the one of the few still on the sinking armstrong ship. Lance had no choice, he had to stroke Eki's ego a bit.
If by "few still on Armstrong ship" you mean "teammates who have not gone public with admitting doping and accusing Armstrong" then the ship so far includes everyone who has ever ridden with Armstrong except Landis, Hamilton and Andreu. For many, there is no harm in either saying nothing, or, if pushed for comment to say "I have never seen anything". Especially if they depend on cycling for employment.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
There has been a batch of research in recent years about personality. The conclusion has largely been there's no such thing. Who you are depends on the situation you are in. So just like Tyler, all of us wonderful people in the forum would likely find ourselves doing god knows what given the right circumstances. Not an excuse to embrace your capacity for evil but it's harder than you might think to avoid it.

Of course if your baseline character is hookers and blow your likely trajectory is probably a bit different.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts