Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
weltyed said:
a win is a win, as long as he doesnt tick any tests.

and i think thats the problem. there will always be that cloud of doubt.
Who doesn't have a cloud? It could even be that TH is more likely to be clean than riders who've never been popped, because he can expect to be targeted by the testers.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You gotta give some props to him for winning TdQL. the elevation is friggin SICK! and you could say he beat some top continental pros. The next logical step is protour team? No? Cadel could use a superdomestique to help out Popo.

·
Registered
91 Posts
jhamlin38 said:
The next logical step is protour team? No?
I can't see any top European team touching Hamilton with a ten-foot pole. It's one thing for a team to risk its reputation to get ahold of a 30-year-old Ivan Basso, but a 37-year-old Tyler Hamilton? I don't think so.

In addition to the doping for which he was suspended, Hamilton still has unresolved Operation Puerto issues hanging over his head. Unlike Contador, Allan Davis, and others, Hamilton was never even "cleared" by his national federation on OP, and the OP evidence against him was a lot stronger than it was for those guys.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
ti-triodes said:
No protour team will touch him at his age, with his baggage.
There will be no protour next year. Liquigas hired Basso while still part of the protour ignoring ethics agreement that forbid any team signing a convicted cheater for 4 years. I don't think Tyler will find his way to the top ever again anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.