Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Formosan Cyclocross
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tomorrow I'll stick with the Muds. It'll be wet anyway. I was having trouble with the dry.
My plan is to build up a set of wheels with wider rims that I can throw some 35s on and abuse. It'll take a couple weeks to get everything sent. I can't even get 700x28/32 tubes right now. But that will change.
I'll save it for another post, but we are just seeing the first buds of interest in cyclocross. Maybe get an event together a year from now. So far... after my bike... my builder has taken 5 orders for cyclocross bikes. Good sign.

· Formosan Cyclocross
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Typhoon Day Update

We had some pretty sever weather Friday and Saturday and the idiot city government didn't shut down the city until after 7:30, so there were several unfortunate accidents and sadly 19 people died as a result of water related accidents and mudslides.

As usually expected following a typhoon, the weather on Sunday was clear and sunny, so I hit the easier mountain roads. Mostly paved with several spots covered with 1/2-3/4 inches of clay sand. Two roads turned into rivers which called for shouldering through...past all the 4wd vehicles fighting to pass... I used the much maligned Michelin Cyclocross Jets and they were really great for the conditions. They made up for their prior failures. I'll buy them ice cream or something.

Again... a victory for the versatility of the cross bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.