Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
"How can I prevent leak while passing a rough road ?"

You may need Depends.

If you mean "Flat", more tire pressure, or larger tires.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Pinch flats?

bianchi77 said:
How can I prevent leak while passing a rough road? I have used all new tyre, but it's still happen...may be anyone has a good solution or idea ?
What caused the flat? If it was a pinch flat, typically seen as a "snake bite" pair of holes in the inner tube on the "rim side" of the tube, then you need higher pressure or bigger tires. You need to understand what caused the flat before you can prevent the next one.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kerry Irons said:
What caused the flat? If it was a pinch flat, typically seen as a "snake bite" pair of holes in the inner tube on the "rim side" of the tube, then you need higher pressure or bigger tires. You need to understand what caused the flat before you can prevent the next one.
Yes it's a snake bite flat tyre...
I'm using 700x23c tyre...it's the biggest I guess ?
May be I will higher the pressure how about 7.5 psi...

The cause is, I was riding in about 45 kph, and the road suddenly bumpy...and suddenly the my tyre was flat...

It happened in my rear wheel, my front wheel was fine....

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Pinch prevention

bianchi77 said:
Yes it's a snake bite flat tyre...
I'm using 700x23c tyre...it's the biggest I guess ?
May be I will higher the pressure how about 7.5 psi...
23mm is not the biggest tire available. Many racing tires also come in 25 mm, and you can get 28, 32 etc. Often, your maximum size is limited by your rear brake bridge or fork crown clearance. Look around for larger tires.

I assume you mean 7.5 bar, not 7.5 psi. If you get pinch flats at that pressure, then you either need wider tires or to be more careful in your riding so that you don't hit the sharp bumps without unweighting your saddle.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kerry Irons said:
23mm is not the biggest tire available. Many racing tires also come in 25 mm, and you can get 28, 32 etc. Often, your maximum size is limited by your rear brake bridge or fork crown clearance. Look around for larger tires.

I assume you mean 7.5 bar, not 7.5 psi. If you get pinch flats at that pressure, then you either need wider tires or to be more careful in your riding so that you don't hit the sharp bumps without unweighting your saddle.
Kerry, it's difficult in finding the 25 or more in my area...
Yes it's 7.5 bar and over 100 psi...
Sometimes accidentaly I hit a sharp bump....but I will more carefull in my ride..
Tommorow is my riding time.....
Anyway where are you living ?

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Internet

bianchi77 said:
Kerry, it's difficult in finding the 25 or more in my area...
Yes it's 7.5 bar and over 100 psi...
Sometimes accidentaly I hit a sharp bump....but I will more carefull in my ride..
Tommorow is my riding time.....
Anyway where are you living ?
There are several Internet bike shops that ship internationally, so you can order 25 mm tires from them. If you ride on rough roads, you might want wider tires if you weigh more than 85-90 kg. Certainly consider them if you weigh 100 kg or more. If you're getting pinch flats with 23 mm tires at 7.5 bar and weigh less than 80 kg then you really just need to work on "riding light."

I live in the USA, state of Michigan.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My weight is only 61 kg, and I have put 7.5 bar in my 23mm yesterday...
got no problem, but I have a very good road yesterday...
Haven't test on a rough ashpalt....
How much is it for 25mm tires ? Do you have one ?
Even it's used I would like to buy one... :)
I live in West Java, Indonesia...
Is your name Kelly ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.