Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as parts are so much cheaper in the UK, who is the best price wise and shipping wise? I don't want to get tagged with duty if possible.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I got my stuffs from France which had no import duty.

xxcycle.com

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
lazy...

cs1 said:
Seeing as parts are so much cheaper in the UK, who is the best price wise and shipping wise? I don't want to get tagged with duty if possible.
The most common sources have been listed many times on the forum. Spend a few minutes and research this yourself.

Ribble has a 15% off sale right now.

Shiny Bikes, Pro Bike kit, Total Cycling, wiggle and chainreaction all have respectable prices. Ribble and Shiny websites don't remove the 15% VAT until checkout, so you have to deduct that when comparing.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Just note that 15% off at Ribble DOES NOT apply to bikes or groupsets.

·
Banned
7,744 Posts
cs1 said:
I just received mine a week ago from Shiny Bike and paid no duty. I would move quickly if I were you because the British pound is rising quickly. We (the US government) are printing money like there's no tomorrow. Eventually, the UK will probably follow and that will show up in increased prices.

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
FondriestFan said:
Just note that 15% off at Ribble DOES NOT apply to bikes or groupsets.
But one can put individual components into the shopping cart, on the same order, and still get the 15% discount.

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
cs1 said:
Then confirm in advance that the retailer will ship via the government postal service, and not UPS/FedEx.

The corporate delivery services are notorious for charging trumped-up "brokerage fees", in addition to collecting the duties.

The USPS is much less likely to charge ... they seem to overlook fees & taxes on small shipments to individual consumers.

·
Registered
913 Posts
probikekit.com for me. Personally have not been able to find anyone who can beat thier prices, plus shipping (to US & Canada) is currently (and seems to have been for a while) free. Only gripe is that their stock can be somewhat sporadic, so if you see they have what you want, just be ready to pull the trigger.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
tom_h said:
But one can put individual components into the shopping cart, on the same order, and still get the 15% discount.
Is the sum of the individual components equal to the groupset price?

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
FondriestFan said:
Is the sum of the individual components equal to the groupset price?
Not sure ... you should price it each way.

When I bought a Chorus 11 groupset from Ribble about a month ago, they did not have a means to order it as a 'groupset' ... my only option was individual components.

May have changed, by now.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jmlapoint said:
ProBikeKit!
That's one of the retailers that I did know about. They don't seem to have everything ins stock though. Prices are very good OTH.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts