Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Anything blue & white. I'm so da*m sick of blue & white that I could....well, never mind. IMO, the pink of T Mobile is pretty awful too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My only criteria...

...is pretty much that men's shorts eaither be black or have a black panel in the front. Otherwise, it's too easy to tell the democrats from the republicans. That is, who leans to the left and who leans to the right. The team above might not have the prettiest kits in the world, but they do meet my criteria; however, my team kit this year will not. :eek:

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,739 Posts
Polti

I was never a big fan of the old Polti team jersey.

What's with the logo anyway? It looks like some one is sticking a beer bottle up a swollen rectum or someting.

·
Registered
727 Posts
in the first pic, check out the dude on the far left's leg warmers......don't even look like they fit. i won't be buying garneau leg warmers any time soon, they look all floppy.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Middle States

Speedi Pig said:
...is pretty much that men's shorts eaither be black or have a black panel in the front...
And a black (dark) panel in the back too. A couple of years ago a local team had pale yellow shorts that left nothing to the imagination if you got behind one of these guys in a paceline - ewww. Even my wife who does not mind peeking at a pair of cute buns from time to time could not stomach drafting these guys for long periods of time.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
They're spandex...

They're spandex, therefore, they're all ugly.

FYI: They're not "uniforms" they're kits. Please feel free to use the proper terminology. Uniforms are for cops and football players. Kits are for bike racers.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
xc_burner said:
So who has some of the ugliest uniforms that you've seen. Here is my nomination:

View attachment 47165

Man, that green is uber ugly!!
Are they English? They have that sun-deprived pasty complexion, and the design, or lack there of leads me to speculate that they are.

Just flip through cycling weekly this time of year and you'll see a plethora of poorly designed team kit.

That said, i guess they're not English, seeing as Louis Garneau (sp?) is the sponsor.

you're right. FUGLY :eek:

·
Registered
727 Posts
botto said:
Are they English? They have that sun-deprived pasty complexion, and the design, or lack there of leads me to speculate that they are.

Just flip through cycling weekly this time of year and you'll see a plethora of poorly designed team kit.

That said, i guess they're not English, seeing as Louis Garneau (sp?) is the sponsor.

you're right. FUGLY :eek:
they are an english team. based in canada and the u.s. the company Louis Garneau isn't european at all. they originated out of canada and the company has deep routes here. they do have international distribution, but they remain distinctly canadian. french people don't just live in france, after all.

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
Retro Grouch said:
I was never a big fan of the old Polti team jersey.

What's with the logo anyway? It looks like some one is sticking a beer bottle up a swollen rectum or someting.
God, you're right. But for some reason, now I really want a Polti jersey to wear while racing in alleycats or while cruising with the hooligans.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
cmatcan said:
they are an english team.
ah hah. glad to see i haven't lost my touch.

cmatcan said:
the company Louis Garneau isn't european at all. they originated out of canada
did i say LG was a european company? i think not. i'm fully aware of where LG is from.

i haven't seen their stuff in Europe, unless it's worn by a NA cyclist. never liked it anyway - cheap and ugly at overinflated prices.

cmatcan said:
but they remain distinctly canadian.
wtf does that mean?

cmatcan said:
french people don't just live in france, after all.
wow, the nuggets of wisdom you just passed on have been most enlightening.

·
Registered
727 Posts
botto said:
ah hah. glad to see i haven't lost my touch.

did i say LG was a european company? i think not. i'm fully aware of where LG is from.

i haven't seen their stuff in Europe, unless it's worn by a NA cyclist. never liked it anyway - cheap and ugly at overinflated prices.

wtf does that mean?

wow, the nuggets of wisdom you just passed on have been most enlightening.
you're truly an idiot. i meant english as in english-speaking, not as in from england. moron. why don't you try and string together some witty lines and p.m. them to me in order to spare everyone from your having to read your lame posts. a simple misunderstanding is all it was. theyre not from england, theyre from cananda. so you were wrong, regardless.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
cmatcan said:
they are an english team.
cmatcan said:
you're truly an idiot. i meant english as in english-speaking, not as in from england. moron. why don't you try and string together some witty lines and p.m. them to me in order to spare everyone from your having to read your lame posts. a simple misunderstanding is all it was. theyre not from england, theyre from cananda. so you were wrong, regardless.
idiot? moron? you're the one who says the're english, when in fact they're canadian. you're also the one who has reverted to name calling. that's very mature of you, chappeau!

no need to PM, seeing as you're the only one who seemed to care what the last post was.

have a good one ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Keeping up with Junior said:
And a black (dark) panel in the back too. A couple of years ago a local team had pale yellow shorts that left nothing to the imagination if you got behind one of these guys in a paceline - ewww. Even my wife who does not mind peeking at a pair of cute buns from time to time could not stomach drafting these guys for long periods of time.
I went to my first bike race today, and was thoroughly amused (read shocked) at just how much you could see. I made a pointed effort to keep my eyes above the waistline...at least while my husband was with me:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts