Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is a link I just from my wife

http://americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/menpreconception.htm

You can come to the conclusion that we're trying to have a baby by this article... If you go to the bottom of page it says "avoid cycling" :eek:

I THINK that I don't ride THAT much that this would be a problem... I know many posters here have children...

Oh boy.. .this ought to be good, my telling my wife that this isn't an issue... :mad2:

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Dave, you been getting a lot of women pregnant lately? Do tell.... in the lounge of course.

R1000, it's highly likely that:
- that "avoid cycling" tip is based on the discredited research of Dr Irwin Goldstein
- you will have no problem contributing to the conception of your child.

Enjoy...

·
Burning Fists of Love
6,899 Posts
total BS

R1000 said:

You can come to the conclusion that we're trying to have a baby by this article... If you go to the bottom of page it says "avoid cycling" :eek:

I THINK that I don't ride THAT much that this would be a problem... I know many posters here have children...

Oh boy.. .this ought to be good, my telling my wife that this isn't an issue... :mad2:
2 kids.

Kid 1, conceived in 2 weeks.

Kid 2 conceived in 1 week. (probably the first try.).

This was in context of avearging 10 to 12 K miles a year. Sorry, but THANK GOD, the cycling slowed my boys down.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Probably B.S., but if you are at all worried go find a doctor, a cup, a good dirty mag, and wait for the count to come back a week later. You'll probably find your team swimming laps with no problem.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bummer

My cycling has had a black cloud hanging over it for about 2 years now. My wife and I might have another child. My wife's concern is that cycling could actually effect the sex because one type is more suceptable to damage then another. I am pretty sure that it all baloney, but try convincing a woman that wants to get pregnant of that.

Try using the arguement that you sperm completely refreshes every month or so, so occational rides should not be a problem. Or you could slack up for a few weeks before baby making time. You could also try getting some MTB baggy shorts.

·
Banned
7,191 Posts
Cycling did nothing to stop my boys from swimmin'.

As fast as my wife got pregnant, you'd think my boys saw the egg was a stage finish at the TDF...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
boyd2 said:
My cycling has had a black cloud hanging over it for about 2 years now. My wife and I might have another child. My wife's concern is that cycling could actually effect the sex because one type is more suceptable to damage then another. I am pretty sure that it all baloney, but try convincing a woman that wants to get pregnant of that.
WTF? Did she also used to think that jumping on the bed after sex kept her from getting knocked up?

Of course you're on your own trying to explain to your wife that she's nuts. I can never seem to get that across in a productive manor. :p

·
i like whiskey
8,493 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I have one testicle, ride 8,000 miles a year and have no problems in that department....It's all BS....'nuff said.....
Old Joke
A guy with three balls sits down at a bar and says to the guy next to him "I bet you $100 that we've got 5 balls between us." After some convincing the guy takes his bet and off to the bathroom the go to settle it. When they arrive in the bathroom guy #2 pulls his pants down and says "well here's my one ball, show me your four." :D

About the no cycling stuff, what Dave said. Total BS. If that was the case then there would not be any pro cyclists with kids.

·
Registered
329 Posts
R1000 said:

Heard this one before...from our doctor even.

Before you start swearing off cycling, consider the opposite (the positive effects of cycling/fitness that promote sexual health). Additionally, I would assess where the problem is before making any big changes to your fitness program (i.e. have you really been trying all that long?, do you guys have a "problem" or are you rushing nature?, if you have a "problem" is it your bits and pieces or something on her end?....probably do not want to answer those on line, but think about them before you start doing anything unhealthy).

I know a guy (me) that thought he was having trouble getting his wife knocked up, but long story short, the doc said go ride/reduce stress, and now we have 3 really great kids!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I have one testicle, ride 8,000 miles a year and have no problems in that department....It's all BS....'nuff said.....

Yeah I have kind of a funny story about that one. A buddy of mine in high school got testicular cancer so they removed just one of his testicles. They said that he would more than likely not be able to have kids so dont get his hopes up. Literally one week after we graduated and probably about 6 months of getting a clean bill of health his gf was pregnant. I say "funny story" because everything worked out for the better and the kid is cute as hell.

·
il miglior fabbro
273 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I have one testicle....
Reminds me of the time a buddy had to have one of his balls cut off for some reason. When we visited him in hospital, one of us kind of sheepishly asked, "How you doin'?" To which he replied: "Not bag."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.