Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Isn't 'mocha' coffee? What is it?
Main ingredient : Sugar!
He should just add 1 prime rib steak:blended and he would be good for an american day. Eat crap, get fat, and die young, help save SS and Starbucks Corp.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I read an article years ago about Starbucks, and the founder, keep in mind that this was before they were mainly selling essentially milkshakes, and he said they really weren’t in the coffee business, their business was selling milk. He started the company because he was inspired by Italian coffee, and wanted to be bring European coffee culture to people in the US, turns out, we don’t like coffee all that much.

·
What the what???
12,683 Posts
I can only assume both of the baristas who made those “drinks” added a special extra ingredient of their own before handing it off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Knowing a baristas, she is either amused or exhausted by this clownery (depending on the day). Its less a coffee and more a lifestyle drink. The baristas I know, think there's something of trend (like eating tide-pods) to order the most ridiculous 'coffee' possible, by exploiting the app to do so... As there is a significant cost to these drinks I can't image this trend (if there is one) lasting to long... Of all the troubles in the world fools spending $13 to make an undrinkable coffee is...

·
Registered
11,055 Posts
especially like the 2% milk immediately followed by heavy cream and later just regular cream...

'cause using whole milk would be a less healthy choice.

dumbassery abounds...

·
Registered
853 Posts
That kind of asshatery is why we stopped going to Starbucks. The lines behind them go out the doors and the drive thru lines go out into the street creating traffic jams as those asshats make U-turns and then block traffic when they cannot complete the maneuver and block the oncoming traffic.

·
Proud luddite
7,189 Posts
Actually if I had to drink coffee, which I detest, this would be the way to go. All those ingredients would mask that awful coffee flavor. If only they made coffee that doesn’t taste like coffee...

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Actually if I had to drink coffee, which I detest, this would be the way to go. All those ingredients would mask that awful coffee flavor. If only they made coffee that doesn’t taste like coffee...
It's called decaf.

·
Never Give Up!
1,232 Posts
Starbucks is most ridiculous, over priced drink in the industry... don't get me wrong I do enjoy a Caramel Macchiato as treat every now then, but give me an old fashion bustelo espresso, back with hint of Raw sugar and I'm set!

·
Registered
17 Posts
When (which is super rare) I go to Starbucks, I order a short Coffee of the Day. That's it. Nothing fancy. Just a reasonable size cup of coffee. They look at me like I'm some kind of mad man. It's not a political statement, or power play, I'm just want to keep it simple and easy. Which is also true of my life - I'm trying (and failing) to keep ti simple and easy.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,884 Posts
i had starbucks coffee once, it was horrible, I never went back. I make better coffee at home and it costs 15 cents a cup and it's in MY MUG!

·
Super Moderator
40,492 Posts
Knowing a baristas, she is either amused or exhausted by this clownery (depending on the day). Its less a coffee and more a lifestyle drink. The baristas I know, think there's something of trend (like eating tide-pods) to order the most ridiculous 'coffee' possible, by exploiting the app to do so... As there is a significant cost to these drinks I can't image this trend (if there is one) lasting to long... Of all the troubles in the world fools spending $13 to make an undrinkable coffee is...

All kidding aside, I'm old enough to remember the dark days of pre-Starbucks, et al., when you couldn't get a decent cuppa Joe in the US (outside of selected neighborhoods in a few major cities). Is Starbucks the best coffee? No, but it isn't the worst, and it's light years beyond the sludge that was being served across America before.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts