Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
News

Latest rumours say that Basso is on the list, because he is mentioned in a telephone conversation between the doctor and another rider.

CSC has contacted both UCI and ASO to get some facts before they make any decissions regarding Basso, who still denies everything.

T-Mobile has released a statement, where they say that they have been given documents from UCI the makes it impossible to continue their cooperation with Ullrich and Co.

·
funct
259 Posts
This is gonna get real ugly real fast.
Gee Basso (or Ullrich, or whoever) gets mentioned in a phone call by someone under investigation and your ten years of building up to this moment is wasted. Christ, this is twisted. I understand ASO want to keep their race clean, but hearsay is not proof, and there's too much riding on this race to ban without clear proof.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Wouldnt be suprised if...

We know Ullrich does not like to train very much and over eat in the off season. This could be the last hurah for him and he might just say F this.Doped or not, just sell his line of bikes and throw in the towel.

Basso will be annouced soon. I bet by mid day.

It will make for a better tour I think. The attacks in the mountains by all kinds of people will make the post lance tour something to watch....
Instead of the postal format of ride hard on the front....
send lance into orbit...
15days of Lance in Yellow....
The End..

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,954 Posts
thefunkyplumber said:
This is gonna get real ugly real fast.
Gee Basso (or Ullrich, or whoever) gets mentioned in a phone call by someone under investigation and your ten years of building up to this moment is wasted. Christ, this is twisted. I understand ASO want to keep their race clean, but hearsay is not proof, and there's too much riding on this race to ban without clear proof.
I don't know what they have on Basso, but w/ Ulrich, it seemed that his sponsors at Telekom were convinced by the Spanish evidence since it was they, and not ASO, who took the decision to sideline Jan. I'm thinking they have DNA-matched blood from Madrid (matched to last years TDF samples) and/or photographic evidence of Jan getting an OBGYN "check-up" in Fuentes' practice. I believe this is already the case w/ Sevilla who has confirmed that he did go in the building where Fuentes' ran his operation (well, they had him of film so it would have been futile to contest that!), but to visit someone else!

A+

Philippe

·
Registered
650 Posts
T mobile waited for "proof" from the spanish guys before they took action. This would seem to be the prudent way to do business and i imagine that CSC would do the same. If i were a guilty rider i may just get an illness over the next couple of days. The next big fav when Basso goes ...... wait for it cadel to make good his pink jersey of a few years ago.

·
Registered
66 Posts
R.Rice said:
Cadel,Levi,Floyd,Vino..............this thing is going to be WIDE open for these guys.

EHmmmm, Vino's whole team is out of the tour so I highly doubt he will be riding in support of himself...no offense to vino but i just dont think he's THAT talented :mad2: I expect to see Landis on the top spot now...if the tour even starts

G

·
Bianchigirl said:
And whoever wins will of course be 'clean' because they were sensible enough not to work with Dr Fuentes - what a joke.

All those riders who prepared with other doctors - like Ferrari - must be laughing their socks off...
Yeah, I don't get why they didn't go to some exotic island for "special training and testing". Instead the p*ssed in their own pool :yikes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.