Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ullrich: Lance Armstrong Case Severely Damaged Cycling | Cyclingnews.com

As before, Ullrich would not directly address doping charges against himself,saying only “I made mistakes, but I'm not a bad person.” And when confronted with his earlier statement that he had never betrayed anyone since all the riders were doing the same thing, he answered “Exactly”.

Ullrich was suspended by Team T-Mobile on the eve of the 2006 Tour de France in the aftermath of Operacion Puerto, and was subsequently fired by the team. He announced his retirement in February 2007. Shortly thereafter he was matched via DNA sampling to blood stored by Fuentes.

Years of lawsuits and legal cases ensued, finally culminating in a Court of Arbitration for Sport decision in February 2012, giving him a back-dated two year suspension which expires this August.
Oh Jan your getting fat every offseason then doping your way to fitness was a joke even then. But, despite being quite possibly the most hilariously doped up team ever, the Telecom team did give us hours of hilariously dysfunctional team dynamics. Its something. . .

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,648 Posts
"Belly breathing" Uh huh.

I believe this is text book pot meet kettle.

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
I'm tired of hearing from these old thieves and cheats.
Sounds like a case of "he cheated better than me...and it's not fair" butt hurt. Shame he couldn't bring himself to air those sentiments back when he and Lance were cheating their way to the podium in Paris. Utter bollocks.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I always maintained back then that everyone was doping, and Lance stood out because he was the best doper. Whatever the case, its was still fun to watch. I don't think I've watched a TDF is years. The old Lance versus Jan battles were fun to watch. Maybe they should just legalize drugs. Its not like it isn't widespread in almost every sport and everyone looks the other way.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I always maintained back then that everyone was doping, and Lance stood out because he was the best doper. Whatever the case, its was still fun to watch. I don't think I've watched a TDF is years. The old Lance versus Jan battles were fun to watch. Maybe they should just legalize drugs. Its not like it isn't widespread in almost every sport and everyone looks the other way.
think its quite disrespectful to always say that 'everyone' was doping because that was not the case (bassons for example). yes prob the majority but not everyone....don't tar 'everyone' with the same brush.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.