Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I went down hard on my Tarmac. Luckily the only damage to the bike is I scratched up the little cap parts at the top of the brifter lever that says Ultegra on it. My question is if there is a place to order small replacement parts like this on-line? Or do I have to hit the lbs?

Thanks,

Mike

·
3,494 Posts
AE Bike has a large selection of Shimano shifter name plates.

It is very common to scratch/trash these in a crash. The prices are silly for such a small piece of plastic, and the prices really scale up with grouppo. I guess the thought is that anyone who buys a Dura Ace 7900 bike is good for another $30.99 to replace a small piece of plastic.

·
wots...uh the deal?
1,297 Posts
I just replaced mine!

Went to the lbs Wed night ride, in the parking lot, my left cover just fell off. It was cracked down the middle. So after the ride, the owner had just put his bike in the store and was talking around. His eyes got wide when I said "I broke my bike!". Been after me a while to replace my '99 from the other shop. He was a little crestfallen when he saw I only broke the brifter cover. (and had to order it in, but charged me basically what I see on that website...nice to have a lbs like that.) Now if I could just keep up with him and the fast group on those rides...

·
3,494 Posts
onasteelhorseiride said:
are the prices for each brifter or the pair? do i need to replace these or only if i don't want to look like an idiot?
The prices are for a single face plate - at least on the AE Bike link that I posted. If you don't replace them it will look like the battle-hardened bike of an old pro (or of a crash 5 newb).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts