Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my new Ultegra 6700 wheels. I bought them from Chain Reaction for $307 (no tax and free shipping). They seemed like the best deal for my needs. They will be replacing my stock RS-10's. I have Atom tubless tires on order and a handful of other Ultegra 6700 items in route (chain, BB, FD, etc.). I am about to leave town for a week but once I get back I will put all this togather. I did want to say the wheels look nice. I wanted to add (after reading the long tubeless experience thread on the forum) that no where in all the Shimano liturature that came with the wheels do it say using a tire sealant (Stan's, Cafe Latex, etc.) will void the warranty. I have seen comments on other threads saying that the posters have called Shimano and they will void the warranty. I think by not stating this in their info sent with the tire a person would have a strong case for the warranty to remain in tack. It does say to not use tire levers and not to use rim tape FWIW.

As far as Chain Reaction goes this is my first order from them. Their Shimano prices are excellent. Though they carry the 6700 wheels they always show to be out of stock. I decided to order on 6/11 when they had a note that they expected more on 7/5. 2 days after I ordered I got an e-mail saying they had shipped and I recieved them on 6/21. So if you want these wheels at a killer deal and have not ordered because they are always out of stock (and can wait) I suggest ordering them as you might get them quicker than you think.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.