Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CarbonFrame
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, Why can't I find the Start New Thread button on the forum page? I am not sure where this will post because The button does not show up...only a message about not posting everything in the General discussion Thread.
Next ,
Will an Ultegra 9 speed chain work w/ a D.A. 10 spd rear der and a 9 speed D.A. front der and shifters?

Well, here goes...lets see where this posts

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
sure...

9 speed is 9 speed, just different quality levels.

The new thread icon is just to the left of the forum jump box.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
CarbonFrame said:
First, Why can't I find the Start New Thread button on the forum page? I am not sure where this will post because The button does not show up...only a message about not posting everything in the General discussion Thread.
Next ,
Will an Ultegra 9 speed chain work w/ a D.A. 10 spd rear der and a 9 speed D.A. front der and shifters?

Well, here goes...lets see where this posts
Match the chain to the cassette. - TF

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
CarbonFrame said:
Its a 10 speed rear der... I wasn't sure if the 10 speed rear der would shift like it should with a 9 speed ultegra chain. I ran a D.A. chain last year with no problem but am unsure about thickness differences and shifting quality. I have a new Ultegra Chain and thought I would just throw it on rather than spend $ on a new D.A.
Yes it will work. - TF

·
CarbonFrame
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the rear der I am questioning...

Its a 10 speed rear der... I wasn't sure if the 10 speed rear der would shift like it should with a 9 speed ultegra chain. I ran a D.A. chain last year with no problem but am unsure about thickness differences and shifting quality. I have a new Ultegra Chain and thought I would just throw it on rather than spend $ on a new D.A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts