Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
On my right hand (going to rear der.) ultegra shifter the cable has slipped out. The end of the cable itself is still in the shifter itself but has slipped out of the little wheel that cranks around to adjust the tension. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with fixing this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated,
Freddie.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
flying_freddie said:
Hi,
On my right hand (going to rear der.) ultegra shifter the cable has slipped out. The end of the cable itself is still in the shifter itself but has slipped out of the little wheel that cranks around to adjust the tension. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with fixing this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated,
Freddie.
If the cable is still attached, you should be able to just pull it back in. You may have to hit the paddle until it is all the way to the extended position. - TF

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Are you telling us that

The little barrel shaped cable end is beyond where it is supposed to be and therefore no pressure is being applied to the cable, meaning no shifting?

I had this happen on a seven speed RSX shifter once, the fix was not pretty. It may involve somehow getting needle nose plyers in there to the cable to remove or relocate the cable end to it's correct position or cutting off the cable end and removing the cable that way. Consult a shop before taking things really far apart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help TurboTurtle and ARP, just fixed her up, there was just enough tension to not be able to pull the cable through so I taped the rear der. to the wheel which gave enough movement to get it back into place. Needle nose plyers are the bomb. Now just have to wait for the temperature to get above freezing to take her for a spin :).
Freddie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.